Become a Little Wings Volunteer Driver
As a Volunteer Driver for Little Wings, you will be responsible for providing the safe, reliable and efficient transportation of patients and their families from the airport to the Children’s Hospitals. Your role is an essential and valued part of the Little Wings service and provides families with a complete transport solution. A vehicle and full training will be provided.
As a Volunteer Driver you will:
- Work on a roster basis performing at least 1 drive per fortnight. Please note that the journey usually takes between 2-3 hours (round trip) and takes place 7 days a week, usually between the hours of 9am-5pm.
- Hold a current and valid full Australian Driver’s Licence
- Possess at least 2 years driving experience with excellent driving skills and an exemplary driving record
- Hold a current police check and Working with Children Check (or be willing to apply for one)
- Be confident and competent when it comes to driving an 8-seater van
Our Little Wings volunteer drivers operate out of the Sydney or Newcastle regions. If you would like to join the Little Wings team of Volunteer Drivers please contact us at email@example.com
"Become a Little Wings Volunteer Pilot
Little Wings is based at Bankstown Airport. We operate Beechcraft Baron aircraft, which are available seven days a week, to meet the needs of rural and regional families in NSW. As a Volunteer Pilot for Little Wings, you will be responsible for providing safe, reliable and efficient transportation for families from NSW rural and regional airports to the Bankstown Airport.
As a Volunteer Pilot you will have:
- A Commercial Pilot’s License
- Class One Medical
- At least 1000 hours flying time
- CIR with a minimum of 2 Renewal
- 75 hours actual instrument time
- DGA Certificate
If you would like to join the Little Wings team of Volunteer Pilots please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Little Wings Event Volunteer
Little Wings hosts attend fundraising events in NSW regional and metropolitan areas to raise vital funds for Little Wings and to raise public awareness of the charity. Events include air shows, regional agricultural shows, golf days, race days and fairs along with many other major community events. Volunteering for these events provides a great opportunity to contribute to our charity whilst having a fun day out.
All costs to you as a volunteer will be covered including entry to the event, meals, a Little Wings uniform, parking etc. All we need is your generous help and smiling face to make the event a success and help spread the word about Little Wings.
If you would like to become a Little Wings Event Volunteer please contact us at email@example.com