Purpose of the Policy
As with any business or charity it is important to continuously improve the services provided to clients. For Little Wings, one of the keys avenues for doing this is through feedback from our clients whether in the form of compliments, complaints or suggestions. If we are doing things right, please let us know. However, if there are areas where we can improve, then it is critical we know about these so that we can look at ways to improve what we are doing.
Definition of a Complaint
Any expression of dissatisfaction with Little Wings’ administration, a staff member, process, or service resulting from Little Wings’ failure to meet the client’s expectations.
How Complaints may be made to Little Wings
We want to make it easy for you to contact us and to provide feedback, or make a complaint. These are the ways you can get in touch with us:
- Face-to-face: if you are dealing with one of our staff, or a volunteer and you wish to complain, then please speak to them directly. It may be possible to resolve the issue immediately however, if that is not possible, then he/she will record the details of your complaint and will send it through to the Managing Director of Little Wings for attention;
- You can call us on (02) 8860 9588 and your complaint will be documented (please note this number is a Serviced Office and they will take all details and forward them onto us);
- You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- You can write to us at the following address:
Little Wings Limited
PO Box 7865,
Baulkham Hills, NSW, 2153
Complaints Handling Process
In all instances where a complaint is made using the above means we will contact you within 48 hours of receiving the complaint. If you provide us with a telephone number and/or email address we will contact you by either of those means to discuss the matter further and to officially record all necessary details. Hopefully we can resolve the matter immediately, however, if the issue is more complex and an investigation is required, we will do the following:
- Record full details of your complaint
- Record all complaints in our “Complaints Register”
- Take all necessary steps to investigate the matter
- Contact you again within 14 days (2 weeks) of receiving the complaint to advise you of our findings or to give you an update on progress
- Continue to keep you informed until the matter is resolved to your satisfaction.
- The Management of Little Wings will handle all complaints and if necessary will escalate these to the Board depending on the complexity or seriousness of the issue.
Our commitment to you is to address each complaint in a sensitive, fair, transparent, equitable, professional and unbiased manner through the above complaints handling process.
We will operate at all times from the view that any client or member of the public is entitled to express his or her views on our service and that those views should be taken seriously where this is warranted.
We will handle all complaints confidentially to avoid prejudicing any investigation or causing any unnecessary embarrassment to people.
Review of this Policy and Complaints Received
This policy will be reviewed by the Board every 12 months and all complaints received (and compliments) will be brought before the Board for review at our regular Board meetings. Through this process of regular review we aim to improve our services to you and to ensure that any lessons learned are implemented within the organisation.